Disney And KaBOOM! Bring 12th Playground To Anaheim’s Julianna Park
By: Laughing Place
Date: September 27, 2019
“Veterans, executives and members of the Anaheim community build the 12th Disney-Sponsored KaBOOM! Playground in the first phase of the transformation of Julianna Park, and it was completed in six hours!
- Today, more than 300 volunteers from the Disneyland Resort, city of Anaheim and Anaheim Family YMCA joined KaBOOM! to build a playground in just six hours at Julianna Park in Anaheim. The new playground is the 12th Disney-sponsored KaBOOM! playground in Anaheim. In 2016, Disney announced it would sponsor five more playgrounds in Anaheim, and Julianna Park completes that commitment.
- KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. KaBOOM! inspires communities to make play the easy choice and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play. KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build or improve more than 17,000 playspaces, engage over 1.5 million volunteers and serve nearly 10 million kids
- Dozens of Disneyland Resort executives and SALUTE, Disney’s business-employee resource group that supports veterans as they transition to civilian life, were on hand to help build the playground. In addition, the 300th Army Band provided musical support at the event.
- The playground marks the first phase of a complete transformation for Julianna Park, which also will include a new basketball court, exercise equipment and picnic and multipurpose areas. The second phase is expected to begin construction next month.
- In August, children from the surrounding community came together to envision and draw their dream playground. The new playground is based off their drawings and provides more than 1,500 kids in Anaheim with a great, safe place to play. Play is the business of childhood and is essential to the physical, cognitive, creative, social and emotional development of every child.
- Together, Disney and KaBOOM! have built more than 80 new playspaces across America, giving nearly 100,000 kids access to healthier lifestyles and safe places to play and grow.
What They’re Saying:
- Josh D’Amaro, President, Disneyland Resort: “I am so proud of our Disney VoluntEARS and SALUTE cast members for building a playground that will have a lasting impact for families in this neighborhood, I am also incredibly thankful to have such amazing partners with the city of Anaheim, the Anaheim Family YMCA and KaBOOM!.”
- Dr. Rick Martens, president and CEO, Anaheim Family YMCA: “The Anaheim Family YMCA is grateful for the collaboration between the city of Anaheim, Disney and KaBOOM!, We were able to turn children’s vision into reality. We know it will impact thousands of kids and families within this community, furthering our mission to build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.”
- Harry Sidhu, Anaheim Mayor: “It’s great to see the Disneyland Resort continue to invest in our community. This playground will make a big difference for Anaheim families, The dozen KaBOOM! playgrounds that the Disneyland Resort has helped us build show the ways that having Walt Disney’s original theme park in our city continues to benefit Anaheim residents and empower the American Dream.”…”